A WIDE SELECTION OF CONTACT LENSES
These include disposable soft contact, bifocal/multifocal, toric, and colored lenses. Whether you wear daily, weekly or monthly disposables, or conventional (vial) lenses, check out our selection of lenses at Island Eyecare.
Establishing a Good Contact Lens Fit
Scleral lenses – we fit keratoconus patients with crisp & comfortable vision
If you have keratoconus or another corneal disorder and you’re tired of seeing a blurred world, our Cape Breton Island eye doctor can sharpen your view. We specialize in fitting specialty contact lenses for hard-to-fit vision conditions, including scleral lenses. Keratoconus is a corneal irregularity that causes the cornea to thin and bulge into a cone shape. Once the natural rounded form of the eye is lost, vision quality deteriorates – and fitting contact lenses becomes more complex. Scleral lenses are a fantastic vision solution for this problem; these rigid lenses vault over the cornea, thereby creating a new, smooth dome that gives crisp optics. Our optometrist in Sydney is expertly qualified and experienced in fitting scleral lenses to provide clear and comfortable sight with keratoconus.
Fitting lenses to your lifestyle
We will determine the best fitting lens based on your lifestyle needs and the shape and health of your eye. In most cases, you’ll have the opportunity to try lenses on the same day as your exam. You can even go home with a few samples before making a final decision.
Follow up fittings
Our Sydney optometrists follow up the initial fitting and then make any necessary changes in fit or materials to get you the best possible fit. We teach all our patients proper contact lens care and also possible consequences if proper care is not taken. Then we continue with long-term follow-up to monitor the condition of the lenses and to ensure that proper hygiene is being maintained.
clariti™ 1 day
The healthier way to whiter, brighter eyes for your nearsighted or farsighted vision.
AT A GLANCE
- Convenient daily replacement schedule
- The healthy advantages of silicone hydrogel lenses
- Nearsighted and farsighted vision correction
- Supports excellent all-day comfort
- UVA and UVB protection*
The Convenience of Daily Disposables, the Health of Silicone Hydrogel
If the convenience of daily disposable contacts appeals to you, clariti™
1 day lenses are an excellent choice—whether you’re new to contact lenses or want to switch from your current hydrogel lenses to the healthy advantages of silicone hydrogel. Silicone hydrogel lenses allow more oxygen to pass through to your corneas than hydrogel lenses. That’s important because it makes the lenses more “breathable” for whiter, brighter eyes and a healthier* lens-wearing experience.
Excellent All-Day Comfort You Can Count On
In addition to the healthy benefits of silicone hydrogel, we also put the focus on comfort. That’s why clariti 1 day lenses feature unique WetLoc™ technology. The WetLoc™ process creates a lens that naturally attracts and binds water molecules to the lens surface, so your eyes can stay moist and comfortable throughout your day.
* Warning: UV-absorbing contact lenses are not substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear, such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses, because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. Patients should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed.
MiSight daily disposable contact lenses not only optically correct existing myopia, giving clear distance and near vision, but MiSight has also been proven to slow the progression of myopia in most children. Coopervision's Myopia Management System is a holistic approach to minimizing the progression of myopia by combining MiSight contact lenses with ActivControl™ Technology and strategies for better eye health.
- Reduces myopic progression, for better vision when not wearing glasses or contact lenses
- Reduces the chance of developing high levels of myopia (-6.00D or more) which may lower the incidence of eye diseases associated with short-sightedness such as retinal detachment and glaucoma
- May improve the self-esteem of children and teenagers in terms of their ability to participate in sporting activities and their social acceptance
- Daily disposable lenses mean there’s no cleaning, disinfection or worrying about lost lenses
- Low dehydration rates, delivers suitable oxygen transmission for daily wear and provide good all-day comfort and eye health
DAILIES TOTAL1® WATER GRADIENT CONTACT LENSES
Water gradient technology provides exceptional comfort that lasts until the end of the day.
A Contact Lens that feels like nothing on the eye.
- A CUSHION OF MOISTURE: Almost 100% water at the very outer surface of the contact lens for exceptional comfort.
- HIGHEST BREATHABILITY: As compared to all daily disposable contact lenses, for white healthy-looking eyes.
- A SMOOTH GLIDING SURFACE ALL DAY: Even after 16 hours of wear, DAILIES TOTAL1® contact lenses maintain a smooth, silky lubricious surface.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU IF:
- You want exceptional comfort that lasts until the end of the day.
- You want highly breathable daily disposable contact lenses for white, healthy-looking eyes.
ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY with HydraLuxe™ TECHNOLOGY for ASTIGMATISM
ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY for ASTIGMATISM Brand Contact Lenses are designed with Hydraluxe™ Technology to help make the feeling of tired eyes a thing of the past. The design of these daily contacts for astigmatism also help to provide clear, consistent, stable vision all day long—whether you’re relaxing on the couch or playing sports.
- These daily disposable contact lenses for astigmatism provide exceptional performance and helps to make the feeling of tired eyes a thing of the past.
- Daily disposable contact lenses for astigmatism available in convenient 30-day packs.
- The highest level of UV protection available in a contact lens.*
- Design of the contact harnesses the power of natural eyelid movements to help keep the lens in the correct position. You’ll enjoy clear, consistent, stable vision all day long—whether you’re relaxing on the couch or playing sports.
*UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed.